For the third year in a row, we went to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana. We love that place - it's half amusement rides and half water park. Michael headed straight for the bumper cars, while Elizabeth's first ride was the spider (officially called "Paul Revere's Midnight Ride" to make it fit with the area's nice and kitschy theme). Lines were short, so life was good. I actually went on 2 rides - the Liberty Launch, during which I screamed "I hate this!" the entire time, much to the operator's bemusement; and a log ride, which everyone in the family loved - we went on it together at least 8 times. I tried to get a photo of the log ride but was scolded by an attendant for not putting my camera in a locker. The next time I tried, they took the camera from me. I may have embarrassed my children with my rule-breaking, but I didn't ask. I was happy to be the photographer and hat holder the rest of the time. On the first day, Michael said he wanted to spend his allowance on one of those scam basketball hoop games, to try and win a basketball. After watching a bunch of people miss and miss and miss, he went against my obviously-not-sage advice, walked right up, sunk a basket, and won a UK ball. I was stunned (not that I don't believe in my son's basketball abilities; I just don't like the tiny little rims that you have to hit perfectly in order to make a basket.) The next day, he told me he wanted to spend more of his allowance and try to win a jersey. Against my vehement yet still-not-sage advice, he sunk 3 of 5 balls and won not only a jersey but also another UK basketball.


Amazing that Michael Bennett sunk those basketballs (his future girlfriends will love him winning them prizes:). Sounds like a great tradition going to the park. Shame on you for trying to take photos when not allowed, and sweet the Zoe enjoyed staying with Rosemary!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, and I love the family photo!
ReplyDelete