Sunday, July 17, 2011

Super sister, super family, super fun

Mary's family visited - yay!!!!!!!!  Oh, how happy we were when that awesome family arrived, how sad we were when they left.  Elizabeth and Michael would have gladly given up their beds the rest of the month if their cousins could have stayed with us all that time.  Birthday Boy Aaron, who turned 5 during his trip immediately bonded with Zoe; each day he patiently, kindly played with her, talked with her, fed her, and chased her. Kate loved dragging Zoe around by her toy - see very cute video below. Both kids loved the water - at the water park, from the blaster fights,

and from the golf course's sprinkler system behind our house.  Last year Kate was just learning how to speak; this summer she was constantly spouting 10-word sentences: unbelievable.  Aaron had been talking about Michael's Gator since last summer, so he spent some of each day chauffeuring willing subjects (including Zoe) around the property. 
Kate was the perfect assistant when Mary and I went clothes shopping - Kate pushed the shopping cart, which was easily twice her size, while pointing out the "pretty" colored clothing that we should wear.  Mark's work station was waiting for him, where he steadily whittled his way through the list of computer problems I've had in the past year since his last visit - oh, how I wish I had his knowledge.  Mary was Mary - always beautiful, funny, supportive, and gracious.  I love my family!!!!  We miss you all already.


2 comments:

  1. What a FUNNY video of Kate pulling Zoe with a toy. Kate looks so self-confident, just like her brother, and Zoe seems VERY good-natured!! Thanks for posting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those brave KY-CA cousins playing in the water. No Sudhauses near any sprinklers! The Gator reminded me of how my kids looked so much forward to Gator rides in KY. Cute, cute photos and fun commentary.

    ReplyDelete