Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random

Elizabeth let me know that it's been two months since I posted something and that is lame.  Apparently if you have a blog, you need to blog.  So here I am, without any major news, just random tidbits of family information.  Michael has had an excellent season of soccer.  Last Saturday he played offense and scored 2 of the team's goals as well as 1 assist to his best friend Stephen during their 6-2 win.  Sunday he switched to defense, and his team won 2-1.  I am thrilled to be able to finally watch him play.  Notice his cool-looking shoes, the result of an away game shopping trip after Michael realized he forgot to pack his cleats ... and shin guards.

Elizabeth is her usual social self and middle school is fabulous (she might not exactly use that term, but I'm sure her description would be close) - she joined the drama team, does a lot with the youth group at church, and last night had her school chorus recital.  $50 for anyone who can spot her in the photo.  She was the family representative and Carola's date for the Catholic Church's 50 year celebration mass last month; the next day, Mom came to Winchester to watch Michael play soccer and then we all ate together.  Only Zoe was missing. 

Steven was excited to finally convince me to get a rain barrel for our yard.  Aesthetically it may leave a lot to be desired, but Steven's joy in going green could not be denied.
I've been presenting material to various groups; this is the part of my job I love. In the past 2 weeks, I presented information to freshmen, to a women's dorm residents, and to students at UK.  Monday I give a presentation to the Women Leaders group on campus (and should be working on it now, but the guilt of no blog postings won over). And oh yeah, I got to see both Robin AND Kathy this week (insert joy and excitement here).
This photo is from Robin's house last year, but it'll stay on the blog until Robin sends me the photo she took this year (no pressure, Robin).

Zoe is as precious as ever.  She could not be more loved by our family.  I'll post a short video of her and Steven playing tug of war.  While I realize it might not be interesting for you to watch, I can't do a post without including her.  Such is the life of a parent, eh?  Okay, no time for the 5-hour loading of a video right now; maybe tomorrow.......check back - you know you want to!!  And now it's here (loaded it at work because apparently my computer at home is not as good as the one at work - who would have EVER thought THAT??).


Wish you were here - if you'd been with us earlier this month, you could have attended the Festival of the Horse Parade - lots of interesting sights and slightly frightening smells.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, great blog post. Loved catching up! If you'd broken up the entries, I'd have responded to each one:) Is Elizabeth in the front row of the choir photo, 2nd from the right? Really hard to tell. Zoe looks very, very cute on the dishwasher (warning, our dishwasher door broke when Baby Nick used to climb on ours). Steve looks very, very proud of the rain barrel, and Zoe looks very comfortable in Michael Bennett's arms! Funny you love the presentation part of your job; that's the part I hate! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete