Monday, July 2, 2012

Cave Run

You Californians may have the fancy Pacific Ocean and you Germans may have the Rhine, but we Kentuckians have Cave Run!  Stephen, Michael, and I went to Cave Run this weekend for the afternoon.  I don't think I have been to the "beach" part since 2003.  See precious picture from my last visit!

I have many memories of the lake, including Dad taking us on Sunday afternoons and playing the shark game with us (I've wondered from where my shark phobia stemmed) and skipping RSHS classes during both my both junior and senior years (let's be honest - my sophomore year also).

Stephen and Michael made a moat thing - it looked much cooler before all the water evaporated by the end of our visit.  They played frisbee as well as the throw-the-half-full-water-bottle-at-one-another-and-catch-it game.  They swam and splashed.  No, I do not know the in-love couple in the background.  I read and stayed on purse patrol.  When I was a young child, I thought the trek up the hill at the end of the day was arduous work, painfully tiring, because it was soooo far, but honestly, it's not far at all.  Everything's relative, I guess.

We're still missing EJM, but we look forward to hearing of all her (and Grandma's) adventures in a week.

1 comment:

  1. Omigosh, that is such a cute photo of Little Nick, Pat, Michael Bennett, and Bennett. I immediately noticed the little blondies and wondered which family you met up with at Cave Run...only to see it was mine;) Adorable. Thanks for pulling it out again. Gosh, that is cute!!

    Cave Run is definitely a great place. When we went to the indoor pool in Hofheim on Sunday and were playing ball (and having people always get in front of us), I thought wistfully of all the space we'd have to play water ball if we were playing it at Cave Run!

    ReplyDelete