Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back in the swing of things

Now that summer has officially ended (I know you think there are a few more days before the fall solstice, but all seasons in our family are based on school sessions, so summer actually ended in early August), Michael's soccer has begun and Elizabeth's social calendar is eternally full.

The good news about Michael's soccer is that he is by far the best player on his team.  He has scored in every game this season (except one), and he has made every single one of his team's goals (except three).  He averages 59 of 60 minutes of playing time each game, and he plays both offense and defense positions, even goalie sometimes.  The not so good news is that his team has only won one game (don't ask how many they've played).  I'm trying to figure out whether it's best to be the notable superstar on a losing team or to be the worst player on a winning team.  Steven insists athletes just want to win, regardless of their level of contribution to the team.  Clearly I am trying to convince Michael otherwise.

The good news about Elizabeth's life is that the advent of school brought back daily contact with all of her hundreds of friends.  Which brings lots of texts and phone calls and ball games and plans.  We are contemplating taking out a home equity loan to cover the costs of all the gifts for all of the birthday parties she attends (kidding, just kidding).  I swear, that girl has so many freaking friends.  But I can see why.  She is lovely and funny and generous and smart. She also knows how to do cool things with her phone camera lighting that makes her photo look like that image on the left instead of a regular photo.

As for me and Steven, we are more than happy hanging out with the puppies and the children (not necessarily in that order, of course).  Rosemary's birthday was at the end of last month, so she and Angie's family came over to celebrate.  All is well. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a new blog entry! Congrats to Michael on so many goals and to Elizabeth for being able to make such cool photo! I don't recognize your steps...looks very homey with all the family and pets!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete