Monday, March 11, 2013

Sports weekend

 Michael played both basketball (in Georgetown) and soccer (in Cincinnati) this weekend.  The best part of the Georgetown tournament was that the team won; they went undefeated, 5-0, in spite of the fact that Michael wasn't there for three of the five games.

The best part of the Cincinnati tournament was that we got to hang out with Robin and her family in between the 2:30 and 8:30 games.  (The worst part was that Steven had to work, so he couldn't go.  Stephen spent the night with us the night before and drove up with us, so it was kind of the same.  Get it?  Stephen and Steven.  Ha ha ha.)  I love, love seeing her and her family.  Michael had a great time, too - he was upstairs with Jake and their friend from Ukraine, Anastasia, the entire time doing I'm not sure what, but we could hear laughing, so we assumed all was well. 



Elizabeth chose to stay at home, after spending the night at her friend Emily's house.  She spent hours reading One Direction "fan fiction", which is a new genre.  Fans of celebrities write fiction that feature the celebrity or celebrity group, post them on-line, add chapters periodically, and wait for fans to read their stories.  Elizabeth devours the stories that feature the five-guy band.  I love it that she spends so much time reading, even though some of the topics are rather dark (murder, stalking, etc.).  I want to protect her from the topics, but she's 12, so it's already out there in her brain.

And here are precious photos of Niki and Zoe.

1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a good weekend! I was looking for Michael Bennett in the photo of the handsome looking boys, only to have to read that that is One Direction! My students talk about reading and writing fan fiction and I wonder that it is that interesting, but seems it is! Hope Elizabeth starts writing and sharing some stories soon;)

    ReplyDelete