Thursday, May 16, 2013

The month of April



Elizabeth loves to listen to music, as we all know.  You can imagine she was more than thrilled to attend the Taylor Swift concert a few weeks ago with her friend Emily.  Not just because she loves Taylor Swift (and her 11 costume changes), but because the mystery opening act was Ed Sheeran (does he even look like a rock star?).  As Steven remarked, she was on Cloud 09 for days. 
 
Steven and I, on the other hand, love to listen to her as she performs - so we were thrilled to go to her spring chorale concert.  It is amazing how good middle schoolers can sound. 

Michael continues to play travel soccer; this weekend he has four games, two of which are out of town.  He's awesome with powerful legs, and he is looking forward to playing for the middle school team in the fall.
Thank you for all my birthday greetings.  I loved receiving the cards, phone calls, and gifts.  :)  The best card was Laura's, in which she wrote, "I can't wait to see you this morning and just hang out!"  So all day I waited for my visit from my sister, so excited to know she was flying all the way across the Atlantic just to hang out with me.  But the entire day came and went....no sister.  In spite of that terrible disappointment, I had a wonderful day.  Steven, Elizabeth, and Michael took me out to Galvin's for dinner and I did not do any grading past 3 p.m.  Also, some students broke into my office (with the help of another faculty member's key) and decorated it.  Their card was written on a huge tri-fold board.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Ooops! How funny about my slip, must have been my wishful thinking...I meant can't wait to see you this summer and just hang out, and I can't! Actually not too long now.

    Loved E's choral photos and the lime green top. DId the choral director tell them to wear pastels? Looked so pretty and spring-y.

    Amazing what an athlete Michael B is! I really hope I get to see him in action this summer.

    The cat card is hilarious! SWEET! I'll have to remember the jokes to ask Mike when he gets back this afternoon. He'll love them.

    Man, that would have been nice to hang out on the 24th. Instead I was teaching:)

    ReplyDelete