

Mid-January and already eight snow days. Steven and I still had work, of course, but the kids slept in and Niki and Zoe LOVED the weather!!! I took their photo through the glass door because there was no way I was going to subject myself to those sub-freezing winds anymore than I had to. Truth be told, they're lucky I let them in at all. But it was fun watching them go nuts outside, playing, running around, wrestling each other, and dancing a happy dance together.
Michael and Steven have found a new, fascinating game to play - they
lay down in the floor and make baskets into the goal 15 feet in the air
with the Nerf basketball.


Elizabeth is so good to the
puppies, always taking care of them when the rest of us are at Michael's
games. For example today Michael had two games in Lexington and
Elizabeth watched the puppies for six hours. She sent some cute photos
during the games.

Here's a selfie of my good friend Laura (Languages chair) and me - please note the frozen snowflakes on my eyelash. We are leaving the campus Departmental Fair, where we talked to
prospective students and their parents about our programs. Our smiles
are frozen on our faces both from the cold and from attempting to make a friendly impression on the students and their families, ha ha. Today was one of three days during the year when we have large groups of high school students visit in the hopes of recruiting them for next year's freshman class. I was amazed at how many showed up, in spite of the weather. Crazy kids.
Hope everyone else is keeping warm.



Addendum: It's a week later and the children haven't been to school yet. Twelve days and counting. They're getting lots of extra sleep and texting time, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment