
I had foot surgery at the end of May. The surgeon sternly told me that if I couldn't commit to three
months of recovery, I should not have the surgery at this time. Steven has been the most attentive, loving caregiver ever, in the history of the world.


I am now getting out of the house with the use of crutches. I have lunch with friends several times a week (I saw Lynne Quisenberry Hobstetter and her younger daughter yesterday, for example) and have a scary tall stacks of books to read. Although I would have told you I am 0% interested in doing very little each day and not exercising for many weeks, it turns out that relaxing is actually quite nice. Who knew? Certainly not I!

Elizabeth and I celebrated Father's Day with Steven, as Michael was in Florida. We saw the movie Now You See Me 2. I love magic! As you may know, Steven has wanted a third dog for some time. One of his co-workers is moving to coyote territory and unable to keep her 5-year-old Maltese. I was 0% interested in having a third dog, but if you read Paragraph 1 above, you know that I apparently am not always correct about what I enjoy. That shocks me but is true.


It started with this text exchange with Steven.
After embracing my love of dogs, New Dog arrived. My husband was ecstatic.
New Dog looks like Nikki.
And likes looking out the window like Nikki (New Dog on left, Nikki on right).

And sleeps on our pillows, like Nikki.
And sleeps while I exercise, like both Nikki and Zoe.
We hope New Dog loves us as much as we love New Dog.
Clearly we're still considering options for New Dog's name.
Did New Dog come with a name? XXOO
ReplyDelete