Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mothers' Day 2012


We had multiple Mother's Day celebrations this year.  First, Mom spent the day with us and  brought us to dinner at Wilshire's, the golf course restaurant.  It's one street over from where we live, so the original plan was to walk there but you know how that goes - maybe it was a little too cool outside, maybe we were running late (that gets my vote), maybe I didn't want to walk in heels, maybe we just all wanted to be in close quarters in my vehicle together.  Regardless, the dinner was delicious! the service was excellent! (it always helps to have GC students as servers) and Carola had quite the time after drinking her Manhattan!  Shall we say giddy???  It was a good day - Mom helped Steven with the bird feeder and pulled all the dead parts off our pansies.  Steven and Mom spent a lot of time talking about her impending new car purchase.  Loved the day.

The next day we had dinner with Steven's mom and his family in Frankfort.  We ate at Johnny Carino's, an Italian restaurant.  It was a fun and funny get together as usual (David had lots of opinionated advice for Elizabeth, who mentioned she wanted a tattoo - or 3 - when she turned 18; I don't think she'll bring that up again.).  I was bummed Matthew didn't go, because I have been looking forward to talking about his first year at GC with him.  I run into him maybe once a month, although I do leave surprise desserts (and sometimes even healthy snacks) for him when I can.  After dinner, Elizabeth suggested dessert at the nearby ice cream parlor, so we all headed there.  Another good day.

1 comment:

  1. Neat how you had such fun mother's day celebrations! My, Elizabeth and Michael are getting TALL! Can't wait to see mom and Elizabeth in one month!

    ReplyDelete