For Father's Day, Steven paid tribute to his dad by making a striking fashion statement by pairing black shoes with white socks and shorts. I have seen that look on Terry the past 20 years, but don't worry, I made Steven change shoes before we left the house. We went to Morehead to have lunch with Terry and his wife Linda. Yep, Morehead is moving up in the world - they now have a Cracker Barrel, rocking chairs and all. After the meal, Michael and I went to Mom's (but first stopped at Morehead's new frozen yogurt store - do not tell anyone about that stop) while Elizabeth and Steven went with Angie to see Terry and Linda's new home. They have a dog, so Michael and I couldn't go. We hung out with Mom for a while, took the fauna and flora tour of course. She gave us a real treat bag for the ride home, full of newspaper articles and magazine clippings of information she just knew we would love to have. Try not to be jealous, I'm sure she's saving some gems for each of you, too. Today is June 24th, Dad's birthday. We decided to celebrate his life and love for most things sweet by going to Bruster's ice cream shop tonight. Zoe and Niki have heard plenty of stories about the man, so they wanted to celebrate his life, too. I love it that I still run across Dad's script in many of my lecture folders throughout the academic year as he would sometimes find psychological information or attend lectures he thought would interest me and would send me extensive notes later. I cherish all of those handwritten notes. Sometimes it seems like he's been gone for such a short amount of time, while at other times, I am astounded at how many life events have happened for which he hasn't been here. He is missed so very much.
What a great way to celebrate Father's Day and Dad's birthday! Mmm, frozen yogurt!! My, Elizabeth has such long legs...and now I get to see them in person!! I want to go to Cracker Barrel. Thanks for writing!
ReplyDelete