
Michael is 11. Oh, how can that be? Because of his surgery on 06/06, he didn't have a big celebration on 06/08, but he still had a super-fabulous time (my opinion, and I'm a psychologist, so I know these kinds of things). Steven and I went shopping with him in Lexington. Michael is the child who has no use for shopping for any reason whatsoever, so he was rather resistant in the beginning, but since parents always know best, we insisted he go. And he was so glad he did - in about an hour's time, he spent much of his birthday money (thank you to everyone for sending him gifts - you'll perhaps eventually receive a thank you from him, but don't run to the mailbox just yet): legos, slides (like flip flops but fancier), sports necklaces, and sneakers. We had frozen yogurt as well (thanks, Elizabeth, for reminding us of the joy in frozen yogurt - we've been to 4 different places in less than 2 weeks. Obsessive you say? Don't be ridiculous!). Stephen came over when we got back and the boys immediately starting working on the legos. Dinner was at Applebee's - of course the boys sat alone - and then more legos and a 12:15 a.m. bedtime (just this once).
Last night we went to the Lexington Legends (minor league) baseball game. Michael took Stephen I think that blue shirt must be his favorite shirt). We met Steven's good friend and co-worker Nate and all had a grand old time. Stephen spent the night (goes without saying), and while I'm not sure what the final score of the ball game was, I can say that the Lexington team wasn't doing too well when we left.

The first phase of Michael's birthday celebration has now ended. He plans on having an afternoon with his friends in a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you'll see another post soon.
Amazing that Michael has had no pain, no painkillers, no bleeding, no
bruising, and no swelling since his surgery. We are so thankful for
that, and of course, for him. So precious.
Sounds like a GREAT birthday...and only Part 1!
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of Legos did Michael buy? We'd like to see what he's built!