Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Elizabeth

 As the semester ends, E&M (well, just E - how lucky M is to still be in elementary school, or so insists E) have lots of school projects and I am in the middle of finals.  One extra credit project E is working on involves mummifying a chicken over a 5-week period.  It's been spectacular fun to drain the rotting chicken and fill it up with salt each week after weighing it.  Elizabeth puts a chip clip on her nose each week, so only I must suffer the decaying dead chicken aroma.   

On a more pleasant note, E and I continued our yearly tradition of going to the Lexington Ballet's production of The Nutcracker.  I love it, she loves it, and we are beginning to remember ballerinas from one year to the next, which roles they played, and how long they've been with the troupe.  If we could watch the Sugar Plum Fairy's dance each day, we would.  Less so the Chinese dance; we don't like those pointy fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment