Monday, December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas December

School is out and bad weather has arrived....must be almost Christmas in Kentucky!  I've had time to have lunch with friends, including Lisa (Eddy) and Juilee (who is GC's art historian and department chair).  My family had dinner with Lisa another night, but the photos are unusable - apparently one needs to use a flash inside a dimly-lit restaurant when it's dark outside in order to avoid demon eyes on all people in the photo.  


Can you find Elizabeth in the chorus picture?  Sorry, Peyton is not in chorus.  This year's Christmas concert was combined with a Christmas play, so we were doubly entertained.

Steven damaged his finger at work, and we are waiting to find out if there is ligament damage.  Six stitches.  Yet still, he never complains and continues to be such a workhorse around the house.  I am loving all of our Christmas decorations.

Michael clearly inherited Steven's ability to quickly and accurately build furniture, as he helped Steven put together E's Christmas gift from us.  She convinced us it was time for her to choose her own furniture and no longer be subjected to our 20+ years, "old-person" furniture.  She selected quite modern pieces and they really look beautiful.

Elizabeth and I continued our yearly tradition of attending The Nutcracker together.  She noticed how different this year's performance was compared to all previous years' performances.  I had no idea she paid so much attention, thinking she went each year just to make me happy and proceeded to zone out once the lights went out.  But maybe she is so super-happy to spend time with me she absorbs every moment of our togetherness with an uncanny memory.  Yes, I'm laughing to myself as I type that.  I know better.

We hope your holidays are beautiful and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment