I realize winter officially began 12/21/14, but today one really feels its presence. No school for Elizabeth and Michael the entire week (they already cancelled tomorrow and Friday); even GC has been cancelled (that so rarely happens) all week so far. Do you remember how we looked out the back door at the deck railings to figure out how much snow had fallen? I do that by looking at our mailbox. This picture is two days after the huge snow, after sunshine melted some of it.


Michael's basketball season has officially ended (Steven and I loooved getting to keep the clock and scoreboard - I hardly made any mistakes, and of course Steven made zero each time we kept them), which gave him extra time to work on his awesomely informative National History Day project. He selected Abraham Lincoln. Originally believing he had to write 2000 words, he read and read and read and took copious notes on all his sources, constructing a paper of 2153 words. Two days before it was due, he realized it could not be more than 500 words. In other words, he knows 4x as much about Lincoln as he needed to! He worked so very hard on that project and the poster looks amazing - it's 6 feet tall. I liked how he decided to use red and blue throughout, representing the Union and Confederacy colors.
Elizabeth continues to enjoy media arts and is currently creating a short film that

involves stalking behaviors (maybe I can show it in my Psych and Law class next fall). She agreed to go with me to a music fund raiser, where I was the faculty speaker (green jacket photo). I think she liked it when I was introduced as the best professor on the planet. :) I think she also liked it when I photo bombed her again.

Last night I was the guest on a radio show in Louisville, The Stan Frager show. The topic was relationships, as it was Valentine's Day weekend.
https://soundcloud.com/dr-stan-frager [podcast link]
I loved that experience, even though a couple of the callers were a bit off and perhaps indebriated. I'll never know.

Michael woke up the other day channeling Mike Score from the 80's group A Flock of Seagulls.
I will find a picture of my beautiful husband to end this entry. The picture is part of a prank we played on another faculty member that E and Steven both know. We're so crazy funny.
Yaay, a new blog entry. Snow is amazing, so is that 6-foot tall poster about Abraham Lincoln. Loved hearing how MB read so much and wrote a 2000-word essay (some college students can hardly manage that). Go MB! Cool that you helped the radio callers with their relationships on Valentine's Day weekend!
ReplyDelete