Sunday, February 1, 2015

Steven visits GC


Who knew Steven would be attending our annual Founders Day celebration last month?  Who knew Karyn would win an award?  Apparently Steven knew both of those things, as he left that morning for work at 4:45.  When the kids and I left for school, he came back home, changed clothes, and went to campus. 


I was shocked and ecstatic to receive the Curry Award. The story was published in our city/town paper and one of my friends posted something about it on her FaceBook page.  Apparently lots of people "liked" that and posted comments - many were students I had had in the 1990's!  One of my friends sent me some of the comments - I've added a few of them to this post.  So nice of them.  So nice of my colleagues and the administration to support me.  So nice of Steven to give up vacation time to sit through the program, tape the segment (at bottom) and go to the luncheon afterward.  Such a nice day.  Even Zoe and Niki were extra sweet to me that day.  




1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Did you see Steven in the audience before you were given the award?

    ReplyDelete