Saturday, May 26, 2012

EJM: Extraverted, Joyful, Magnificent


Elizabeth is 12.  12!  That age seems mature and wise to me.  Unlike the girls in the photo on the left!!!  :)  We told E she could invite a "few friends for an overnight" or a "lot of friends for an afternoon party" - something went wrong in the semantics of it all, because somehow she ended up with a "lot of friends for an overnight."  She decorated lovely invitations - all purple and pink.  She designed her own cake and told the baker at Kroger exactly how to construct it.  She received thoughtful gifts from her friends and family (thank you).

Steven and I didn't realize just how much noise 10 preteens could make - especially when you mention the name Justin Bieber.  (Insert lots of shrieking.)  Trust me, all of our neighbors were well aware that a party was in session.  There was a group walk around the neighborhood, lots of Superman ice cream, limited drama, but again, I feel compelled to mention the random screaming.  I think E had a fantastic time - as did I, because I fell asleep at 11 p.m., leaving Steven to monitor and take care of the guests throughout the night.  You can see that the girls were still quite energetic the next morning.  It really was a great party, and E deserved it.

1 comment:

  1. Such fun to hear about Elizabeth's party! Yeah, Michael complains about the way the girls in his class shriek, and I notice it when I walk by a middle school on the way to the university. Funny. Does Elizabeth know that Nick and I saw Justin Bieber on his 16th birthday and got to hear him sing live on "The Tonight Show" when we were in LA???

    ReplyDelete