I forgot to mention the blast from the past encounter Steven had in Lincoln County earlier this spring. Michael had a basketball tournament there, so Ty Howard (he was a groomsman in our wedding), who lives there, came to the games to catch up with Steven. Ty is now married to Candi Brown, who also went to high school with us. It was great to see him and hear of his academic career (he was Lincoln County's principal and currently is an Education specialist) and his three children. Hopefully another 5 years won't pass before we see him again.
Monday, May 28, 2012
School is out
Elizabeth informed me that no one talks about school during the summer, so I should not ask her, Michael, or any of their friends anything about school. I hope these few sentences on the blog are allowed. Monday was their last day of school. E had her usual straight A year (they no longer give individual subject awards, just GPA awards). It was such a good year for her - we love her friends and her school and her engaging, self-possessed personality.

Michael spent almost all of Field Day at the dodge ball game (he's in the white shirt in front). He picked up the usual awards - math, art, music, reading, social studies. Smiles all-around on that last day - E immediately went home with a friend for a sleepover and Michael had his friend Stephen (when in doubt, assume it's Stephen) spend the night.
One of my graduate school mentors, Monica Harris Kern, retired this year, and I was able to attend her retirement party at UK. She seemed quite happy, with many plans to write fiction stories, practice the piano, and avoid committee meetings. I was bummed my friend Robin couldn't come, as there was plenty to discuss!

I forgot to mention the blast from the past encounter Steven had in Lincoln County earlier this spring. Michael had a basketball tournament there, so Ty Howard (he was a groomsman in our wedding), who lives there, came to the games to catch up with Steven. Ty is now married to Candi Brown, who also went to high school with us. It was great to see him and hear of his academic career (he was Lincoln County's principal and currently is an Education specialist) and his three children. Hopefully another 5 years won't pass before we see him again.
And so our summer has begun - we've been with E only one night this
past week. Thank goodness M is a homebody, or I'd think my children had
left for college.
I forgot to mention the blast from the past encounter Steven had in Lincoln County earlier this spring. Michael had a basketball tournament there, so Ty Howard (he was a groomsman in our wedding), who lives there, came to the games to catch up with Steven. Ty is now married to Candi Brown, who also went to high school with us. It was great to see him and hear of his academic career (he was Lincoln County's principal and currently is an Education specialist) and his three children. Hopefully another 5 years won't pass before we see him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the entry!! I don't recognize E in the awards photo though???? Lucky you all...school's out, school's out!!
ReplyDelete