
Her hands-down favorite event of the past week was when she was lucky enough to attend the 90-minute presentation on teenagers' identity, given by her lovely mother, as part of the Scott County Public Library's Teen Summer Program. (One of my students sent me the flyer photo.)
I was practically beaming on the way home afterward, when she told me, "I thought it was going to be super-boring, but it actually wasn't that bad." Of course I think she said that only because I threw in a photograph of One Direction on one of the slides. Kim Kardashian and her 72 hour marriage were on another. Also, I didn't call on Elizabeth and make her answer any questions. Elizabeth knows what a lovely father she has, too; thus, she is unbelievably ecstatic the few occasions when Michael is unavailable for Friday night Eat-Out Night with the family, and she gets to have both of her parents' undivided attention for almost an hour when she's trapped at the table. You can imagine how embarrassed she was when I made her and Steven pose for this picture at Galvin's last week. The first picture I took was blurry, so she had to suffer through the experience twice, while people throughout the restaurant stared at us as the flash went off and I kept repeating, "Smile!!!". She was mortified, but she's got to admit, the photo is a keeper!
No comments:
Post a Comment