Elizabeth and I were back in Louisville a few days later, this time
with the boys in the family. We ate lunch by the river, then everyone
indulged me in my one request - that we go on the Belle ferry, which I
hadn't done since Laura was with us there a couple of decades ago. I
loved it. We loved it. You can see that everyone did their own thing at some point - Steven was the sightseer, Michael ate lots of food, and Elizabeth avoided us because we are generally an embarrassment to her coolness.
After the two-hour ferry ride, which was absolutely spectacular (in spite of repeated playings of polka music, at the request of some visitors from Kansas) we headed toward the History Museum. Just before we arrived at the entrance, Michael noticed the big Louisville Slugger Museum's bat. Off he and Steven went, while Elizabeth and I went to the history museum, which featured an exhibit on mythical creatures (e.g., mermaids, sea monsters, unicorns, etc.). The highlight was seeing a non-mythical sword demonstration and getting to practice a little en garde (that might be fencing; Aaron could explain the difference to us) behavior ourselves.
There was a new basketball game and long story short: After watching grown men not reach the required points to win a prize, Michael did - check out his form! Then Steven did ... three times - we see from where Michael gets his remarkable form. So now Michael has four more sports pennants in his room.
Such a great family trip. Zoe and Niki also had a wonderful time, spending the two days at Angie and David's house. Hope some of you can join us next year!
Sooooooooooooooo cool!!! I remember the Dixie Queen!! I bet Barbara Grasmaier does too!!! Thanks for the update! So impressive that the men in the family are such awesome basketball players!!
ReplyDelete